Monday, November 9, 2009

Week 12, Day 1:

Book reading passage and turn in the Friction Lab...Finally! Finishing this lab is like Saturday Night Live in the 7o's updating the health of Generalissimo Francisco Franco months after he passed away. In my Honors Science we started the compression lab.

Today's Best Practice: Have a camera handy and take pictures of your labs, student work, room, lessons, your students, your classes, steps in a procedure, even data (as in the simple end of the day survey of WHAT IS FRICTION at at right...this was my first use of formative assessment)


Reflection: This was one of those days that nothing went as planned. BUT IT WAS A GOOD DAY. I had morning duty all last week so I looked forward to having time before school to slip into to the day. Only didn't get in as early as I wanted then looked at my lesson plan book only to see that I was 6 minutes late for a meeting with my principal for a committee I volunteered for. My lab I planned for today had to wait for us to finish the previous lab...ahh. Then my prep period evaporated and I didn't get to get out for lunch and I blah blah blah. BUT IT WAS A GOOD DAY...just long.

I got some good feedback with my formative assessment survey. Now the 2nd part, how do I use it to form my next lesson and any reteaching. Do I say 1/2 the kids getting the concept is okay...move on? Here is a photo of the same survey but from my Honors science class.

Hope this helps,
Love to Teach and Teach with Passion
Remember...It's not Magic, It's Science















No comments:

Post a Comment