We reviewed Ch 2 (forces) and Began Ch 1 review and got cauget up on reading passages-FALL OF GALILEO and NEWTON:APLLES, MOONS, QUESTIONS.
My kids will do almost any thing for a Jolly Rancher candy. If I need the floor picked up, or the tables wiped, or lab equipment put away or brought out, or if I want them to raise their hand and participate in class.
I suggest you have some on hand. My candy holder is DARTH TATER show at left. I have a Star Wars motif in my room. A light saber makes a nice presentation pointer.
We reviewed chapter 2. I gave the kids a copy of the review questions from the book. I think they gave it a good guess but did not find the answer. We often tell kids to STUDY FOR THE TEST but don't show them. Here is what I showed them to do.
HOW TO STUDY FOR A TEST.
--Turn off your cell phone and Internet chat programs--
1) Open your textbook to the chapter, look at pictures, data tables, bold words.
2) Open your notes to the material covered and reread and make a question/summary for each section.
3) Get out any Vocabulary definitions and re-read them and have handy for later.
4) Get any worksheets from that chapter/lesson
5) If you have a review sheet answer each question.
6) If you are unsure about a word or question LOOK IT UP IN THE MATERIALS ABOVE!
7) Ask a parent, older sibling, or your teacher for help.
Hope this helps,
Love to Teach and Teach with Passion
Remember...It's not Magic, It's Science