Monday, November 16, 2009

Week 13, Day 1: Review..for fun.

Today we took ch 1 Vocabulary quiz, review ch 1 practice test, and DID THE STEAM ENGINE LAB.

Today's Best Practice: Review games. I use SCIENCE BINGO and SCIENCE JEOPARDY. I review and work my students quiet a bit. These games make it fun. I also give out candy prizes, usually Jolly ranchers because they are pretty cheap. Jeopardy is on a power point slide show, you can download them(and bingo) on my CSTA teacher link on my school web page. I make a blank grid and students fill in the answers as we go.

Also shown is the grid for SCIENCE BINGO. I print this template off sometimes, but if I did not get to print it off or if the paper budget is tight I have students draw it on binder paper.

Thank you Mr. Thornburg, by middle school HISTORY OF THE SIERRA NEVADA teacher. He made a game called HOTSN (History Of The Sierra Nevada). It was bingo with words in place of numbers. He inspired my remake of his game.

WHEN I REVIEW with Science Bingo I have at least one round that is the definition round, I call only the definitions ( I do this about the 2nd or 3rd game). This is pretty fun. I give candy out at the end of the period, and students have to show me their grids after each win to verify.
If you have some fun review game ideas please share.

Hope this helps,

Love to Teach and Teach with Passion

Remember...It's not Magic, It's Science

No comments:

Post a Comment