Sunday, May 9, 2010

Week 33, Day 1: Teacher Appreciation Week and STATE TESTING

Odd Block Schedule: same lesson as yesterday - organic chem lab, starch and lipid test.

I've got this lesson figured out after a rocky start last Friday.

State testing starts tomorrow. We have done a nice review over the past 10 days, I feel that I have fully prepared them for the state tests.

Frustration with talkative students in period 5. I had difficulty with one of them last week. This one student will not stop talking.  I had to remove this student and the one sitting beside to go fill out a TIME OUT SLIP. I have a pre-made time out slip that I can quickly check some behavior boxes to get the kids out of class quickly but make them have to answer some questions about their behavior. They usually sit out side but today I had them go to the 8th grade office.


I get a balloon delivered with a bag of candy ballast and a note saying how much I am appreciated. That was a welcome surprise.


As I prepare for tomorrow's class and the state test proctoring, our student councilor calls me to say the parent of the talkative student wants a conference. Now I'm frustrated (there were some accusations made about my professional ethics by the talkative student). I decide it's time for a walk home NOW


Warm weather. Hot walk home.
Can't focus on grading papers. I decide to call it a night early.
Not feeling very appreciated.

I hope this helps.

Love to Teach, and Teach with Passion!

It’s not Magic, It’s Science!

RichardKinney@cusd.com

http://qp.clovisusd.k12.ca.us/rey_kinney

No comments:

Post a Comment