Saturday, May 15, 2010

Week 34, Day 4: Beginning of the end...4 weeks remain.

Odd block Schedule. Review for final test.

My plan was to give the last chemistry test. I have not seen my odd classes since last week, due to the weird state testing schedule, and I think it would be bad to give them the test today (structure of matter and organic chemistry)
.
We reviewed the requirements for the last project of the year: THE CHEMISTRY PROJECT, a choice of atom model, element brochure, poster project, or molecule model. More on this in week 35.

Final stretch for end of the year. About 5 kids per class this year have F 's and they don't seem to care. I've begun the notification process, I'll tell the parents and let the kids decide to do or not to do.  Usually I have only 1 or 2 kids with F's but this years group has more. Its frustrating for me, I really think you have to work harder to fail in my class than to pass.  However, maybe being 13/14 is especially difficult this year.


I hope this helps.


Love to Teach, and Teach with Passion!


It’s not Magic, It’s Science!

RichardKinney@cusd.com
 
http://qp.clovisusd.k12.ca.us/rey_kinney

No comments:

Post a Comment