Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Week 33, Day 2: Craziness

Testing schedule , then period 2 and 4
Graphing the top 10 elements in our bodies and calculating their weight in pounds.

I did not give any test today. We test by the students Academic Block teacher. While a teacher's AM classes were testing the PM class was hanging out with me.

After lunch I found out that most students in my period 2 class do not know how to use a protractor, an assumption I made.

Period 4 came in into the class as if they were clowns and this was a carnival, one student out of their seat then on the floor rolling and hooting and running around. A second student was spraying an aerosol and when I asked for the can, the student  looked me in the eye, put it in their bag, zipped it up and grinned at me. The bag and the student were delivered (by me) to the 8th grade office. I managed my frustration and anger and got the class going.

After all this I had a parent-student meeting in which the student showed all adults in the room that they are talk back-a-tive, and defiant and rude. 

This was my after noon.

I hope this helps.

Love to Teach, and Teach with Passion!

It’s not Magic, It’s Science!

RichardKinney@cusd.com

http://qp.clovisusd.k12.ca.us/rey_kinney

No comments:

Post a Comment