Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Wek 35, Day 5: YOu grow into your teacher self

Odd block
Same lesson as yesterday Einsteins letter Hiroshima



As you go through your career you will see things, video, toys, models, shirts, decorations, labs, activities, and you will grow into these.  I remember being a new teacher in training and being blown away by the stuff of master teachers. My stuff I mean more than the physical decor of their rooms. I remember the confidence and conviction behind those mentors and thinking, "Wow, I wish I could be like that".


I remember being a first grader looking across the street to those "grown up kids" at the Middle school.

I remember looking across the street while in middle school to those "grown up kids" at the high school.

If you are a student teacher looking at your mentor teachers with that same apprehension I say to you
YOU WILL GET THERE, WE WILL HELP YOU, WHAT YOU LACK IN EXPERIENCE YOU WILL MAKE UP WITH e2, ENERGY AND ENTHUSIASM.


My first year was one of my best years of my 23.

As for today in class, I have been focused on preparing for a retirement party by painting wooden spider models.

I hope this helps.

Love to Teach, and Teach with Passion!

It’s not Magic, It’s Science!

RichardKinney@cusd.com
 
http://qp.clovisusd.k12.ca.us/rey_kinney

No comments:

Post a Comment