Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Week 35, Day 2: Marie Curie Fun with GLUEP

Even Block Schedule. Marie Curie reading passage, time to work on the chemistry project, and making GLUEP mini lab.

A nice day. The students were tolerant of the long reading passage (which was a pleasant surprise) and then LOVED adding the 50% glue in water mix to 10% borax solution making a slimy polymer that one lab calls GLUEP (glue polymer).

TO add to the story of Marie discovering Polonium and Radium I get glow sticks and then cut them open and dump them into small test tubes and hen hang them on my clip board as I walk around the room reading.






Honors sci took the test today.

My school website has the story I read, A glowing Discovery, on the Teachers link off the main page as well as my power point supplement.

I hope this helps.

Love to Teach, and Teach with Passion!

It’s not Magic, It’s Science!

RichardKinney@cusd.com
 
http://qp.clovisusd.k12.ca.us/rey_kinney

No comments:

Post a Comment