Monday, September 14, 2009

Week 4 Day 1 Plastic Lab Trays and the Metric Review Lab

Today's Best practice: Plastic lab trays.

When you get your job as a science teacher go out and celebrate by buying 30 plastic trays at your discount store.

I use them constantly. Often I have 3 different labs set up. These trays stack easily, store easily, and can be easily put in a lab drawer or cabinet for quick storage.






These are perfect for moving to smaller work stations or classroom desks by students. I use them all the time, I compete with my colleagues for them. They are cheap and a valued tool. DON'T ENTER THE LAB ROOM WITHOUT SOME.


Today we continued the metric review lab. It's a simple lab that starts with 16 questions that review the notes. Then it measures several objects for mass, and length in mm and cm. I also buy small bags of M&M's , call them THE MYSTERY BAG, and have them do some measurements. You can download my notes and worksheets at my website listed below under NOTES AND MAJOR ASSIGNMENTS and also the TEACHERS-CSTA(Cal Sci Teachers Assn).

I hope this helps,
Love to Teach and Teach with Passion
Remember...It's not Magic, It's Science

No comments:

Post a Comment