Monday, September 21, 2009

Week 5 Day 1 Making Adjustments, Part 2

- Rethinking lab write-ups

Due to our paper shortage I cannot print up all the lab write ups I use to. So today I had the kids make a data table for 3 "heats" in the BUGGY CAR RACE LAB. I pre measured the distances 3 cement lines out from a wall and had students take some cheap battery flip buggy cars and some stop watches and THE STUDENTS HAD SO MUCH FUN MY COLLEAGUES IN THE NEARBY MATH DEPARTMENT WONDERED WHAT ALL THE NOISE WAS.

My students had so much fun playing with the flip cars, and then racing them. The racing was pretty fun as cars began to bump and go astray.

We came back to the room, the kids were having a fun time. I had them caluclate the speeds for the 3 heats.

We will finish the 4 questions in class next time. TODAY MY KIDS HAD A GREAT TIMEIN SCIENCE...AND LEARNED SOMETHING TOO.

My point here is that you don't need fancy lab write up sheets.

I hope this helps,
Love to Teach and Teach with Passion
Remember...It's not Magic, It's Science


http://qp.clovisusd.k12.ca.us/rey_kinney
richardkinney@cusd.com

No comments:

Post a Comment