Thursday, September 24, 2009

Week 5,Day 3 Sierra Field Trip

Photos: Lake Courtright , McKinley Grove of Giant Sequoias, Granite Dome Near Dinky Creek Campground, Climbing on a fallen Giant at McKinley Grove.



This was a great day. I knew it when I was standing on top of a small granite dome and I was surrounded by distant laughter, by shrill excited screams, by thuds of rocks heaved by boys, girls giggling, and parent chaperons saying what a neat trip this is.

The kids were given a note sheet to record observations of each plant community and viewing stop. We began at 5:45 viewing the constellation Orion and the planet Venus. They collected samples and had a great time.

I'm pretty tired. Early morning and high altitude.









I hope this helps,
Love to Teach and Teach with Passion
Remember...It's not Magic, It's Science

No comments:

Post a Comment