Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Week 4 Day 3 Getting overwhelmed!

I am behind in my grading. I have been about 1.5 assignments behind in my grading for the past week. I'm not sure how I let this happen. Actually I do. I came home early a few times last week to GRADE AT HOME which means I got hit with a hundred distractions and my wife's honey-do list. Dang, I even had a weekend in there to get caught up. I did spend 7 hours Sunday driving up to the High Western Sierra to gather plant samples for my SIERRA PLANT COMMUNITIES UNIT. But even that is not an excuse. I dropped the ball!

Even worse than being behind my grading curve is I DIDN'T HAVE THIS WEEK PRE-PLANED. Well I knew where I was going, just not how I was going to get there. I know, a ROOKIE MOVE.

I'm bulldozing my way out of it now but I should not have let it get this far.

Oh heck...I gotta have my morning Department meeting planned.

Today's Best Practice: Grade papers the day you collect them. GO HIDE IN YOUR ROOM. If you are in a high colleague traffic zone go to the library and sit in a corner out of view or in the back room. IF it's a complex assignment to score make sure you don't collect more assignments until your past assignment is graded. This takes PLANNING AHEAD...a gift only you can give to yourself.

Well, I gotta go grade one more period of Mini Science Projects and then the Metric Review Lab for the ODD block classes so they are ready for my sub on Friday.

I hope this helps,

Love to Teach and Teach with Passion

Remember...It's not Magic, It's Science

http://qp.clovisusd.k12.ca.us/rey_kinney
richardkinney@cusd.com

No comments:

Post a Comment