Sunday, January 10, 2010

Week 17, Day 4: TGIF! De-stressed and back in the saddle

ODD BLOCK: Reading passage starter "WHATS YOUR SIGN" including star maps and astrology vs astronomy.

It took 4 days but I'm out of the blues and got unstressed.  I have a lot still to do but I have managed to put it in proper perspective.

Kids enjoyed the reading passage (go to my web site, look in Notes and Assignments and Reading Passages. 

The passage is how you can take peoples Astrology interests and build on it to show them some really cool Astronomy facts.  I use star charts to let them find their birth-sign constellations, then teach them celestial navagation (right ascension an declination) and then show a video clip from the movie contact (the scene of makeing Contact to the Presidential Press Conference). 


I hope this helps,
Love to Teach and Teach with Passion
Remember...It's not Magic, It's Science
http://qp.clovisusd.k12.ca.us/rey_kinney
richardkinney@cusd.com

No comments:

Post a Comment