Thursday, January 28, 2010

Week 20, Day 3: Have a student assistant!

If you will plan ahead Student Assistants will save you TIME!
My assistants will:
-Enter grades into my hardcopy grade book (not my electronic grade book that is published to parents). This saves me MUCH time.
-Set up labs.
-Clean up labs.
-Put materials away
-Run off copies
-Prepare lab material
-Straighten up my clutter
-Staple, sort, cut, hole punch
-Score tests
-Grade some simple assignments
-Run errands
-File student assignments in hanging student folders

I recommend you have some standing written instructions for your student assistant for them to do when you are too busy at the beginning of the period to give them their jobs for the day. Here is my list:

Check staplers and fill if necessary
File student work into their folders
Straighten out any messes
Check with my neighboring teachers for a job to do
Look for a job to do and ask teacher (if possible)
Do your homework or read a book while you wait

Make sure you show them appreciation and don’t forget treats once in a while.

I hope this helps.


Love to Teach, and Teach with Passion!
It’s not Magic, It’s Science!

RichardKinney@cusd.com
http://qp.clovisusd.k12.ca.us/rey_kinney

No comments:

Post a Comment