Monday, February 1, 2010

Week 21, Day 1: Focal Point but not Shatterpoint!

EVEN BLOCK SCHEDULE: Finish Density lab, turn in Vocabulary words. Honors class begins the Sabotage on the ISS forensic lab unit.
I worked on school quite a bit this weekend. Too much. Honors Science had me totally consumed: The Sabotage unit we started today, the field trip parent letter for Honors, the virtual lab sheet for Tu/Wed, the Science Olympiad work calendar, letter of recommendation for a colleague...and my wife's honeydo list.

Thank goodness for my student assistants, they got the work done for me. Thank myself for having this unit well planned...a gift you give to your self.

The honors class has a lot of dossier reading to do for the Sabotage unit . I hope they get it done.
Today was a focal point of activity for me but it was not a Shatterpoint* due to planning ahead.

*Shatterpoint was a concept in a Star Wars novel of the same title by Matthew Stover. Anakin Skywalker was pushed to his shatter point by a deceitful lies from a Sith lord and his own fears of loved one's leaving via death. I like that Idea. You need to know where your shatterpoint is and work around it.

I hope this helps,


Love to Teach and Teach with Passion!


It's not Magic, It's Science

RichardKinney@cusd.com

http://qp.clovisusd.k12.ca.us/rey_kinney

No comments:

Post a Comment