Thursday, February 11, 2010

Week 22, Day 3: Making review a bit more fun with BINGO!

ODD BLOCK PERIOD: Review day (yecch) but bingo saved me...and new seating chart.


I was going to close the Buoyancy unit today with the Benchmark test but I didn’t think they were ready for it so I substituted a vocabulary quiz and pushed the test to next week.

We played science bingo today. It’s fun. A nice way to review vocabulary and for a few pieces of hard candy (I prefer Jolly Ranchers, kids love them and they are not chocolate which has a real short lifespan around me.)

I spent my whole prep period making a power point key for last nights homework. I thought I had one already made. I love power point. I had other plans for my prep period...but making a power point is a good 2nd choice.

My honors class needs to finish the Sabotage unit lab stations tomorrow afternoon, Some students will be out for a choir festival and will miss class. So I let them come in during my lunch day-off and work on the project today at lunch. Fun. We will need to play catch-up next week before we start Chemistry.

I hope this helps,
Love to Teach and Teach with Passion!
It's not Magic, It's Science
RichardKinney@cusd.com
http://qp.clovisusd.k12.ca.us/rey_kinney

No comments:

Post a Comment