Sunday, February 28, 2010

Week 24, Day 4: Olympiating with Sceince Olympiad

ODD BLOCK SCHEDULE: Same lesson as yesterday. Did both kinetic lmand pressure balloon labs in honors science today.

This week I took a really good look at the rules for the Science Olympiad event that I am running for our regional event. The rules say that the propellers for the wind turbine cannot be comercially made.
Oops.
I had the kids use radio control airplane props. We caught it in time and they made some from thin ply wood. They got to use my scroll saw to cut the wood.

A few weeks ago another student learned how to solder wires to make a solubility tester. She had so much fun...especially when WE accidently burned my finger.
We took our team picture today for Science Olympiad.

No comments:

Post a Comment