Friday, February 26, 2010

Week 24, Day 3: Atom Mystery Box

ODD BLOCK SCHEDULE: Atom Mystery Box, Bill Nye Physical Science, Begin Intro to the Atom H.W.

Here is the contents of the Atom Mystery Box. This is a fun little activity showing how you can figure out some information about an object.

As they shake and listen I put a magnet up to it and they see if their atom is magnetic.  Then I show a couple of "x-ray slides" showing fuzzy images of stuff inside.

When the students finally open it up they really get a kick out of seeing whats in it. I suggect you put some rubber insects or lizzards inside.

This activity is to demonstrate how indirect evidence can allow us to make inferences about what we cannot see. My website has the power point lesson you can download and use.

I hope this helps,

Love to Teach and Teach with Passion

It's not Magic, It's Science

richardkinney@cusd.com

No comments:

Post a Comment