Thursday, October 29, 2009

Week 10, Day 4: Student Work Folders

Today's Best Practice: Student Work folders. Have one for each student to store their work.

This is convenient for the student and for me. If we do not finish a lab I can have the kids store their work in there. If I need to go to a parent-teacher meeting I can pull their work to bring with me. I can also pull a piece of student work to use an example for another student to see.
If I want to return work without passing papers back during class time, I can have an assistant file the assignments.
These is a good alternative to the trash can. One school I was at had PORTFOLIO DAY. Keeping the folders allowed kids to have access to their previous work.

In the past I have had students keep a log of their scores and grades in their folders and we update every two weeks.
Hope this helps,
Love to Teach and Teach with Passion
Remember...It's not Magic, It's Science

No comments:

Post a Comment