Saturday, October 24, 2009

Week 9,Day 5: AT THE SCIENCE CONFERENCE

No nervousness or butterflies presenting this year. I was well prepared. It was nice be presenting so early and on a Friday. Get it over quick and focus on the conference.

My session on READING PASSAGES AND VIDEO CLIPS IN THE SCIENCE CURRICULUM was at 8:00 a.m. I was worried that nobody would show up. I managed a crowd of about 30 people. I was pleased. They had a good time and I gave away a few books and I gave away 10 “Equation triangles of Science” shirts (donated by my wife’s business JANET’S EMBROIDERY and imprinting).

It continues to amaze me how the things we teachers develop can be appreciated if we would SHARE THEM. I had several people tell me they have been to every one of my sessions since I started in 2001. I was pleasantly surprised to hear this. It is nice to be appreciated.

It also made me feel responsible to keep presenting a GREAT SESSION. I define a great session as one that you can go away with something that can be used on Monday and hopefully some material that can be adapted and modified to the persons taste and style and I hope people will have a fun time.
Next year I will present a session on EASY TO MAKE ALUMINUM-CAN STEAM ENGINES. In the past I did sessions on a whole unit. Now I’m focusing on a lab or activity within a unit

Hope this helps,

Love to Teach and Teach with Passion

Remember...It's not Magic, It's Science

http://qp.clovisusd.k12.ca.us/rey_kinney

richardkinney@cusd.com

No comments:

Post a Comment