Sunday, October 4, 2009

Week 6, Day 5: Things on my wall...Did you Know???

Today's best Practice: Make your room a lesson in itself.




A master teacher I meet 24 years ago had every bit of his room covered with posters, bumper stickers, signs, specimens, and gadgets. He said, "If they are not going to listen to me, then I hope they learn something from the walls".





I like that.


It's fun to hear students comment about them. Some are goofy but most are serious.


One of the things I put up on my wall are a series of science statements that start off with DID YOU KNOW...



I have at least one statement for each unit I teach and some others for stuff I think is cool. Below is my list. Please, add to what I have and share with me yours.


Did you know: Gravity is JUST a theory.


Did you know: Earth has moved 1,172,892 miles since this time yesterday

Did you know: When walking you are pushing the Earth backward slightly?

Did you know: 1 ml of water has 33,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 (33 pentillion) molecules.

Did you know: Elements* are forged in the core of stars
*except Hydrogen

Did you know: Weather is caused by the SUN.

Did you know: We are all made of Star Ashes

Did you know: Floating objects weigh the same as the water they displace

Did you know: Six U.S. flags are on the Moon.

Did you know: 1 gallon of GOLD weighs the same as 19 gallons of Water.

Did you know: All babies start out female.

Did you know: Electric forces keep you from really touching anything.

Did you know: Life is precious and you are unique(one of a kind)!

Did you know: The mass of the Earth is 5.9742 × 1024 kg (13,143,240,000,000,000,000,000,000 lbs)
13 septillion 143 hexillion 240 pentillion pounds

I hope this helps,

Love to Teach and Teach with Passion

Remember...It's not Magic, It's Science

http://qp.clovisusd.k12.ca.us/rey_kinney

richardkinney@cusd.com

No comments:

Post a Comment