Thursday, October 22, 2009

Week 9, Day 3: Getting behind---Student Self-Grading

I'm about 4 days behind in my grading. I've been preparing for presenting at the California Science Teachers conference and I'm a bit behind on my grading.

I covered a class for my young colleague Sean Marzolf. His class had just finished the F=ma lab that I mentioned a couple of days ago. I have 6 stacks of that same lab to grade. Mr. Marzolf had the kids grade their labs.
He had every part of the lab write up on the main board and on smaller dry erase boards.
This was totally cool.
He had each part clearly labeled and how much it was worth. He is a genius!. All those years I spent at my kids soccer games grading papers was not necessary.
He told me with 200+ kids to teach and papers to grade there is no way he could grade them all.
I'll try this, it seems like it would be a good way to let kids see their mistakes and fix them and save me some time.
Hope this helps,
Love to Teach and Teach with Passion
Remember...It's not Magic, It's Science

No comments:

Post a Comment