Friday, June 18, 2010

Summer School: Day 5: Off to a galaxy far far away!

NASA Ames PSTI (Pre-Service Teacher Institute)

Up later than I meant to last night. Just not enough hours in the day.

In my session this morning I introduced the Jing capture tool. A few students could not get from the tutorial to the program. This bugs me. Especially when I don't know why it works on one computer and not the next. Most likely its the operating system , but my knowledge of this part of TECH in GREEK TO ME.

NASA AMES PSTI 2010 DAY 5.1 Short Sample FLIP Video made this morning as a demo.

Yesterdays video now available on Day 4 (previous) Blog entry.

I demonstrated how to create and quick edit, create, and publish to YouTube a Flip Video.

I shared  Jeopardy power points. Students opted to learn about MOVIE MAKER and not Excel formula creation (duh, like this really needed a vote, I mean do you want to go fly in an airplane or learn how to bleed the airplanes brake fluid lines*). Kendia Herrington did the presentation (sorry, I just dropped that on you at the last minute). I am so glad she jumped at the opportunity, she did a FANTASTIC JOB!

I left at this point (10ish) and headed for home and to the Star Wars In-Concert at the Save Mart Center.

Star Wars In-Concert was really nice.

The photo is (blurry sorry) Composer John Williams original hand written sheet music for STAR WARS. It was like I was looking at the Constitution or something.  This is in tribute to my colleague, a principal, a music teacher, and all around amazing person and fellow instructor: Felicia  Bessent

*I would choose both actually

I hope this helps.

Love to Teach, and Teach with Passion!

It’s not Magic, It’s Science!

RichardKinney@cusd.com
 
http://qp.clovisusd.k12.ca.us/rey_kinney

No comments:

Post a Comment