Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Week 38, Day 1, Last week of school

Odd block schedule, modified for assembly schedule. Wild California video and catch up reading passage about calculating the speed of light.

The IMAX DVD Wild California is worth it's weight in gold. The kids learn some environmental science and see some beautiful views of sky diving, snowboarding, Sequoia tree climbing, baby Sea Otter rehab, Golden Gate Bridge views, Endangered species Eagle chick restoration and all of this to the music of Fleetwood Mac.
The kids love this show.
This is my fall back lesson when I have to cover a class. Due to the shorter periods I could not do the roller coaster lab I planned.

We had a fire drill this afternoon at our school and we did not hear the alarm "chirps" in my room. I did know about it until the principal announced on the all call system that all was clear.

Mr Scott Case, math teacher, had the school yearbook dedicated to him. He is very deserving of this award.

One week from today I will be on day 2 of my summer teaching job at NASA Ames in Mountain view.

I hope this helps.

Love to Teach, and Teach with Passion!

It’s not Magic, It’s Science!

RichardKinney@cusd.com
 
http://qp.clovisusd.k12.ca.us/rey_kinney

No comments:

Post a Comment