Saturday, June 5, 2010

Week 37, Day 4: Mixed up lessons and a bad choice.

TGIF
Even block schedule: A different Lesson every period.
Period 2 did the roller coaster lab.They have been a terrific class, both academically and with (not surprising) behavior. This was a lab that I sometimes do in the Force and Motion Unit, but this year it was cut out. I will use it ow where I can.

Period 4 watched a movie, Earth to the Moon part 10: GALILEO WAS RIGHT (You Tube link)

While they watched a movie, I began to take down my model airplanes that hang from the ceiling.
One student decided that the .50 caliber machine gun shell hanging with the model was just too cool and this student stole it. 2 periods later I found out it was gone. This was a kick in the side.  I called in a few students, a name was mentioned along with “..was going to steal it”. By the end of the period I had the model back. I learned: don’t leave something that may be so cool out unattended.

Period 8 watched the end of Galaxy Quest while I tracked down students.  I show the clip pictured below when we talk about the Alkali Metals. Here the Galaxy quest crew is getting a "Beryllium Sphere", which of coarse is a reference to Star Trek's Di Lithium Crystals (an Alkali Earth Metal)





I hope this helps.

Love to Teach, and Teach with Passion!

It’s not Magic, It’s Science!

RichardKinney@cusd.com
 
http://qp.clovisusd.k12.ca.us/rey_kinney

No comments:

Post a Comment