Monday, June 14, 2010

Summer School: Week 1 Day 2: Intro to Blogging

NASA Ames PSTI 2010 Day 2 YouTube video

I was up too late last night messing around with the video's. IT WAS WORTH IT!

Had a beautiful morning and breakfast, both with glorious hanger 1 in constant view. See photo.

We asked the students to create Google accounts and begin a Blog. The following is what we asked them to do answer daily:
What challenges did you work on today
-I introduced Blogging to 22 of 24 students. We will use this as a method of daily evaluations.
Individual Achievement
Learning to make Flip videos and uploading to YouTube has been a goal for about 3 years, I can check those off my list.
Group achievement
Interacting with my 3 fellow teachers to make a worthwhile day. I am mentor for TEAM GREEN.
Plus/Delta's 
I enjoyed: the discussions amongst the groups and the really nice nearby cafe and nice people that work there.
I'd like to change my presentation style , its a little too A.D.D.
Snaps (cool things about your team members)
I like Felicia's calm manner, I like Lena's memory clues to Vertical and Horizontal, I like Sharon always taken care of us and being a great photographer, I like the team of Steve and Anne, and I appreciate the back up of Mariceli, and Kendia-don't get me started on her...she's my alter self. 
Coolest thing you learned/heard/saw today.
Seeing the initiative of the groups working on their team patch designs.
Also I learned that answering these questions is not easy, it makes my brain work!
Quote of the day:
"You should eat science as much as possible" -Kendia Herrington while running a lab on asteroid types using different kinds of treats.

                     Photo: P-3 Orion Anti-sub patrol aircraft. I like my wife and kids but I love airplanes!

I hope this helps.

Love to Teach, and Teach with Passion!

It’s not Magic, It’s Science!

RichardKinney@cusd.com
 
http://qp.clovisusd.k12.ca.us/rey_kinney

No comments:

Post a Comment