Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Week 38, Day 2: Little Treasures from our past.

Even Block Schedule: Wild California DVD (see previous post) and students go through their class work data folders.

I had students go through their class work data folders.  This is where I have them store all their class work through out the year.  I encourage them to keep the assignments that show their personality: What Science is to me essay from week 1, Character Counts Shape Project from week 2, Periodic names and Periodic table Square from the Chemistry unit .

My Mother handed me a stack of work I did in middle school when I was in my 30's and they were like little lost treasure.  A direct view of what I was like as a teen, my thoughts, my goofy hand writing, my doodles and writings. I tell my students that they will treasure these in 10 or 20 years and either slip them into your year book or put them under a box in your closet.



I hope this helps.

Love to Teach, and Teach with Passion!

It’s not Magic, It’s Science!

RichardKinney@cusd.com
 
http://qp.clovisusd.k12.ca.us/rey_kinney

No comments:

Post a Comment