Thursday, June 3, 2010

Week 37, Day 1: End of the year lesson grid

Odd Block Schedule
Same lesson as last time; An explosive discovery reading passage about Roger Bacon re-discovering gunpowder and Star Trek episode:ARENA.

In the last 2 weeks of school we are Caught in the middle time. Too early to hang out and sign year books, too late to get anything big started. Things get hectic and lessons may need to be switched or adjusted. I use this grid to keep my lessons straight in my head. You may find it helpful.

As hokey as the old Star Trek episode looked to my students, THEY WERE ALL SILENT AND FOCUSED ON THE EPISODE. You learn a little chemistry. You learn not to jump to conclusions.

A nice day, until the end. A couple of boys decided to mess with a molecule model and broke part of it. I was mad. I helped the girl it belongs to glue it last week so it would be ready today. What got me really angry, and too loud, was the boy's attitude of,"I didn't do it",  and let me grin at my buddy because the teacher is mad at me. I know they are 13/14 but they need to learn to just say, "I'm sorry, didn't mean to break it, can I fix it?".

I hope this helps.

Love to Teach, and Teach with Passion!

It’s not Magic, It’s Science!

RichardKinney@cusd.com
 
http://qp.clovisusd.k12.ca.us/rey_kinney

No comments:

Post a Comment