Monday, April 19, 2010

Week 30, Day 3-New solution for an old slow process

Even block schedule
Doing research for element report in the library.
This is a simple 1 page report. After this is done they will have the choice of 4 things to Create (with a Partner (element brochure, atom  Model, high quality poster , or Molecule model.). But first they need to get through this report.

For years I made this lottery system for letting students choose their element.  It took a lot of time to enter in the data in my grade book.   Today I needed to get it done FAST so I had students write their names on paper and then tape them to the element they wanted.  I did use a random number generator website and then have kids go up to the periodic table, based on their test book numbers, to pick their element.  It took less time and was kind of fun.

I hope this helps.

Love to Teach, and Teach with Passion!

It’s not Magic, It’s Science!

RichardKinney@cusd.com

http://qp.clovisusd.k12.ca.us/rey_kinney

No comments:

Post a Comment