Sunday, April 4, 2010

Week 28, Day 1: Open House vs Science Fair Day

ODD BLOCK SCHEDULE: Students choose top 2 assignments from their assignment folders and then answer questions on a sheet explaining why it is an example of their best work from science this year. Ch 5.1 Chemical reactions outline homework due and worked on if not completed.  The H.W. outline was the Ticket out the door today.

I had students prepare for open house tomorrow night by do the above. While doing this I was working with one of my students on finishing her Science Fair Project which she put off doing for 4 months.  Not happy with her for that, nor myself for not being a better coach for her. Helping her made it a  bit hectic for me going back and forth between my room and the prep room. By the end of lunch she was done and it was ready for her grandpa to take to the competition.

I had a quick dinner with my wife at Burger King before I went to Judge at the County Science Fair.  I am still recovering from the intense pace of coaching Science Olympiad but I still managed to give a few hours more to judge the science fair...SOMETHING EVERY SCIENCE TEACHER SHOULD DO JUST BECAUSE ITS THE RIGHT THING TO DO!

I enjoyed the process and learned to like science fair again.

I hope this helps,

Love to Teach, and Teach with Passion!

It's not Magic, It's Science!

richardkinney@cusd.com

http://qp.clovisusd.k12.ca.us/rey_kinney

No comments:

Post a Comment