Sunday, April 11, 2010

Week 29, Day 3: Notebook turn in?

Even Block Schedule: Same lesson as yesterday, pH lab. And prepare to 
turn in science notebook.

 
TODAY'S BEST PRACTICE: When a lab or video is not finished in class I often collect the papers, by row, and hold onto them until next class period. This reduces the number of lost papers. The time it takes to collect them and then redistribute them is less that the TIME AND FRUSTRATION of trying to get lost papers replaced.


I have NEVER had students turn in their spiral notebooks. 

As the year goes on some kids get lax with them and do not maintain them. 
In past years I did do notebook quizzes. This was my poor-man's notebook check. 
I need to get back to those. 220 notebooks to grade has been a major point of contention for me. Hmm, notebook quizzes are looking good.

Earlier in the year I describe the way I do the notebooks.  I like it.  Makes life easier for students and me.
One of my colleagues does some labs in the notebooks and then scores them later. That's not for me, maybe you can make that work.


The pH lab got squished yesterday so we are completing them today.

On a totally different note: After school and lunches are sooo nice now that I am not coaching. My 
time is mine again.


I hope this helps.

Love to Teach, and Teach with Passion!

It’s not Magic, It’s Science!

RichardKinney@cusd.com

http://qp.clovisusd.k12.ca.us/rey_kinney

No comments:

Post a Comment