Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Week 30, Day 1: Oops, too much Sodium metal in water

EVEN BLOCK PERIOD: finishing bonding notes and pH lab.  Getting notebook organized for turn in

Today I set off the school fire alarm.  But I did learn two things about showing a Sodium metal in water demo.
1) Clean the tarnish off all sides of the sodium metal.
2) Either do the demo outside or in a flame hood.

After the incident colleagues would greet me with "gobble gobble".  At my school we have and end of the year award called TURKEY AWARDS.

For an excellent Youtube video about this try this.  It's a bit doctored but makes a fun show. Braincell Alkali

I hope this helps.

Love to Teach, and Teach with Passion!

It’s not Magic, It’s Science!

RichardKinney@cusd.com

http://qp.clovisusd.k12.ca.us/rey_kinney

No comments:

Post a Comment