Monday, April 26, 2010

Week 32, Day 1: A hard easy

Even Block Schedule. More chemistry tests.

My ears were partially plugged up today and I felt kinda groggy. I'm not liking all of the review-review-review.

This is my penance for spending 2.5 weeks too long on Astronomy last Fall.

WE WILL DO A LAB TOMORROW in some form or I will go nuts.

I am developing a new mini lab series for the last unit of the year.  Organic Chemistry.  It only has 2 or 3 questions of the state test and there fore often gets overlooked or just skipped. This took some time.

I review the New chemistry benchmark tests my colleagues and I made.  This took some time.

Kids were in at lunch taken care of missing or miss scored assignments/  This took some time.

A colleague needs some information from me and I just did not have time to get it too him.  This frustrates me to let a colleague down.  He will have it first thing in the morning.

We will be doing the Alka Seltzer (expansion solid to liquid and effect of heat and reaction speed) lab tomorrow if time allows.

My students were really good today despite my frustration and weariness.

I hope this helps.

Love to Teach, and Teach with Passion!

It’s not Magic, It’s Science!

RichardKinney@cusd.com

http://qp.clovisusd.k12.ca.us/rey_kinney

No comments:

Post a Comment