Sunday, April 11, 2010

Week 29, Day 4 (Friday): Updating website for notebook

Odd Block Schedule: finished pH lab and scored periodic table quizzes and looked through their notebooks in preparation for Notebook turn in day..

After school I spent a lot of time getting my website organized to have Notebook Notes and Starters ready for my students to access. This is really a chance to pre-organize for next year.

 I got so BUSY during the year that I did not take the few moments each time we worked on notes or starter questions to have them update their tables of contents.  I did not make "Absent" copies of the notes for the kids that were gone.  I did not to weekly or bimonthly notebook quizzes or turn in.


I really need to spend time each week doing long range strategic lesson planning and reminding my self to do the things (notebook organization) that make me consistent and a better teacher.


P.S.  The weekend following this post my website home page lost all HTML formatting and is a solid page of text.  I hope salvation is only a few clicks by a computer tech person..

I hope this helps.

Love to Teach, and Teach with Passion!

It’s not Magic, It’s Science!

RichardKinney@cusd.com

http://qp.clovisusd.k12.ca.us/rey_kinney

No comments:

Post a Comment