Monday, April 5, 2010

Week 28, Day 4: GOT THE JOB working with NASA.

Even block schedule today. Chemistry notes-Brainiac alkali video.

I GOT THE JOB WORKING AT NASA AMES THIS SUMMER FOR 2 WEEKS AS THE TECHNOLOGY TEACHER!  THEY LIKE MY WEBSITE AND THOUGHT I WOULD BE GOOD ON THEIR STAFF.  YIPPIEE

Students took the Periodic quiz and then the great wizzard Kinninium visited class and demanded the students pay me 1 of their Cows, half of their chickens, and every-other-one of their sheep or I, great wizzard Kinninium , would turn their well water into the Blood of the Devil!

This was done with phenolphthalein indicator mixing with dilute base to turn a flash red (okay...pretty pink) and then back to clear with a little vinegar added. I then let the kids do the acid base swirl too.-chem notes-brainiac alkali-rockets and play at lunch.

I humh out at lunch today with some students and we built rocket and gondola models.  Fun.

Science fair awards afterwords in the evening.  I graded papers while waiting for news on my one student up for an award.  Her name is Casey and her goal is to go to state Science Fair every year.  She has success for year 3.  She made it.  I am very happy for her and proud of her too.

I hope this helps,
Love to Teach, and Teach with Passion!
It's not Magic, It's Science!

richardkinney@cusd.com

http://qp.clovisusd.k12.ca.us/rey_kinney

No comments:

Post a Comment